Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Making Babies...or shall I say...a Zombie Baby...

Here is a sketch I made from the design before the original made it's way through the laundry cycle.  It is very close to the sketch my friend had made with a few modifications...the ripped booties and the outie belly button were a couple of my touches.   I've been toying around with the idea to do a single tooth in the front on top but didn't add it to this sketch.


This is where I was heading with my comment in the recent post about having been inspired by the Puppet Heap dog. I love the compact look he has. It's so cute, and while I definitely wanted to stray from a carbon copy, I thought it was the perfect chance to mix a style I'd been wanting to try with the design I received (and a few thoughts of my own) to get the right look. It works so well with traits my friend was looking for...a cuddly yet morbid little friend.

I am also trying to figure out a good name for him.  Of course once he's out of my hands I'm sure he'll get a new one, but I'd love to call him something other than "Zombie Baby" during the build process.  If you have any good suggestions, feel free to leave a comment...I'd love to here some that I haven't thought of.

*D