Monday, November 24, 2008

Body Building...

Here is how the belly and upper body came out.


I kept going back and forth trying to figure out if I wanted the belly to be larger, equal to, or smaller than the head of the baby. I ended up with a smaller belly than I thought I might try originally because I had just recently had a conversation about head size to body ratio in actual human development. Basically, your head as a baby takes up more of the length of your body than when you are a fully grown human...a clear observation to be made, yet an easy one to slip the mind when analyzing a design.

As far as the construction goes, I decided again on the same wedge concept as the head but made the pieces smaller which took eight instead of six to complete the sphere.  The top piece isn't anything fancy, just two pieces put together and shaped slightly.

I also drew out where I may be placing certain features once I start to cover him. I did this with the head as well. I feel like it really helps you get a chance to see how your ideas will fit on the same canvas, but the element of surprise is still there when you get started placing the features in 3D. The features of course help bring your creation to life...

Speaking of which, I realize I haven't made any "baby making" jokes just yet...

More pics to come...and you can be sure the bad jokes are on their way as well...


*D