Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Toby is Born!!!

Finally!!!  

Toby the Zombie Baby is now complete!

Here's a little video intro:



Here are a couple last photos of him too...



I used a black elastic for the stitches.  I didn't have a thick enough needle that was also sharp enough to sew the stitching in, so I had to improvise.  I had to individually poke, pull, and cut the holes so that the elastic could then be threaded through.  We talked about giving him a poopy diaper, but that would have probably had to take the place of the patch, and we decided that the patch helps give him more of a zombie look.  


I wasn't sure if I wanted to do stitches or scars.  I was worried about the fleece stretching if I cut into it and I almost tried it, but after seeing how well it covered to begin with, I couldn't chance it.  I think going this way was a better idea anyway, and it ended up closer to the original concept.


There is also a ring of stitches around his brain! 



Thanks for following the process.  I've got a couple puppets to finish up in the next couple weeks so stay tuned for more to come.