Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sick Computer

Hey guys. I've gotten a few steps further with Toby the Zombie Baby but...my computer is sick (I'm writing this on my girlfriend's). It wont start up and the Apple Store is booked straight for as many days as they have available to sign up for appointments. I got by for a few weeks with letting it go a couple days, then trying to turn it on again, but for the past week+ it's decided on being done with working. This means I haven't been able to upload any of the pictures yet...(it also means I may loose half of this build process, but at least I backed some of the beginning, along with the rest of the files on my computer)

So instead, for your viewing pleasure...



Enjoy this very cute, very perplexing picture of a monkey wearing glasses! YAY!

I think what I'm going to do is bust out my old desktop, move it across the apartment to a spot where I can hook it up to the internet, and see if I can get things posted that way.

He's so close to done, and if it weren't for the fact that this week is pretty much finals week (the conservatory likes to get things done early) I'd be posting the finished product by the end of the night.

"School comes first..." Bah. I'm definitely in a place both mentally and physically where I am ready to be done with the school part so that life as a starving artist can start happening, but as I realized last night while responding to a blog on Puppet Hub- I'm pretty glad I changed majors a few years ago and went for the training in theater.

While being a little too infatuated with the art of movement and the inanimate may be a great jumping off point into a career in this kind of work; I find the involvement in acting/dance/music/clowning and BEYOND to serve well as a means of standing out as a performer. As is the case in most fields, the more well rounded you are the better chance you have at success. What I love though, is recognizing the connections between the things that make me who I am, and working to highlight them.

Bob Fosse did that with his choreography, although interesting to note, he did it with the elements of himself that others considered to be weaknesses. The fact that he had poor turn out, rounded shoulders, and premature baldness, revolutionized the dance world forever.

When I started this post I didn't realize I'd be discussing my dreams like this but hey, since I don't have any Toby pictures, I might as well...

One of my biggest dreams has always been to help other people realize their own dreams. That may sound quite a bit mushy...that's because it kind of is...BUT it's true. Since I have been lucky enough to have as many positive influences in my life, telling me that I can do the things I dream, I guess I've been inspired to continue promoting that campaign. (that word is spelled so funny)

You wanna know where I'd like to be in 10 years?
...if you don't, click away because I'm going to tell you anyway.

Along side the group of artists here at Fisticuff, I want to have television shows, films, and web media reaching the masses, that will positively contribute to the change people want to see in the world and themselves. I want to help children of all ages to hang on to their imaginations, and I want to create programs where students who's dreams have been disregarded or who have been forced to grow up too quickly, can discover their creative passions...free of charge!

I wouldn't mind a lot of money either so I can pay back all the student loans and spoil my parents rotten since they've always deserved but never been blessed with a lifestyle of such luxuries.

Wow, so yeah...there's more to all that, but that's probably enough to read right now. I'll get the new pictures of Toby posted soon.

*D